cra·zy
[krey-zee] adjective, -zi·er, -zi·est, noun, plural -zies.1. mentally deranged; demented; insane.
2. senseless; impractical; totally unsound: a crazy scheme
This is what was going through my mind yesterday on our way home from a free craigslist deal...
I've been looking into getting a cat for a while because the kids really wanted one, but as I saw all my beautiful strawberries disappear and my garden being ransacked by the over grown Squirrel population here, I thought a pet with a purpose.... Cats chase mice why not squirrels? So a seed was planted in which I quickly extinguished the idea (several times), I mean I have 3 children to keep track of why add another distraction?!!
Then I saw another stupid squirrel run through the yard and I got on craigslist and found a free deal of a cat that was good with kids and came with all her stuff. She can stay if she remains outside and earns her keep by keeping those darn pests away. The kids are THRILLED! I'm not sure how thrilled I am until I see results.
The pick up:
We piled in the car and ran some errands all over the metro area and last picked up the cat. She was freaked out by the car and crawled over my shoulder trying to get away. So we finally got started and she freaked out! We didn't want her to jump out the window so in our van with no A/C we sweltered the whole way home! It was Sophie's nap time and she was crying, Lily's nursing time and she was screaming, and Scott was calling out "Kitty!" the whole way home. This was when the reality of the whole situation hit me and I thought have we made a huge mistake? Am I crazy?!! Well things finally settled down and we got the cat in the back yard where she will live on trial basis.
I got to giggling later and thinking how I felt like Marila Cuthbert from Anne of Green Gables! The scene where Anne is praying about staying at Green Gables on trial popped into my head and and I thought maybe it's not such a crazy idea. We'll see.
She's been great with the kids and didn't try and jump the fence until we were at church. She stayed all night and got attention from Scott before we left, but when we got home she had escaped. I was sure she was gone, but last night I bought a bell collar and Scott got it on her. It was perfect because as I called for her I heard her bell and she came traipsing through the neighbors yard and hopped over the fence home. We are lucky she seems to be so loyal.


2 comments:
You are crazy, but look at those happy faces!
No you are not crazy..kids and pets make good company...we had many, many pets..love him/her? The smiles say it all!!
Post a Comment