Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lily's Birth story

Week 36 dilated 3 cm 70% effaced with a bulging bag of water - told to stay off feet

Week 37 Doctor was surprised I made it to my appointment!  Dilated 4 cm 80% effaced with a bulging bag of water.  Considered full-term no longer off feet.  My mom arrived.  Went to bed every night expecting my water to break.

Week 38 We were all surprised I made it to this appointment especially considering I was at a 5!!! Still 80% with a bulging bag!  I asked her to strip my membranes and she really worked me over!  I started cramping a little for the next couple of hours.  By the time we got home I was having regular contractions and several of them were definite labor contractions.  We went to the hospital and I was sure I was in labor.  They hooked me to monitors and the contractions went away for that hour!  She checked me and I had made progress, but then contractions really kicked in again and I was grateful for the epidural.  I tried to nap but couldn't.  My water finally broke at a 9!  Even though I had an epidural it wasn't pleasant so I pushed my drug button :)  When it came to pushing it took only 2 contractions and Lily was placed in my arms.  She had the umbilical cord around once and needed some encouragement to cry.

She has dark hair almost black when it's wet curls into beautiful ringlets.  I can't wait until her hair gets a little longer!  She has dark Blue eyes I'm sure will turn brown, because they look completely different than my other two kids eyes. And she has 2 dimples!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is so crazy. I am glad it all turned out great though. She is beautiful.

MaggieJo said...

can't complain about going in at 5cm 2 weeks early. She's beautiful!