
I was making cheesy potato and vegetable soup one day when Scott who refused to eat anything I gave him came up with his own lunch. Pickle Soup! Ingredients - rice, pickles roughly cut, pickle juice, water and much stirring! I'll take the veggie one - thanks for the recipe Grandma B. By the way I would have shown a picture of this but it didn't last! YUM

I sat on the floor with Sophie and broke up a chocolate chocolate chip muffin. She loved it and found the bag on the floor. I thought it was sealed and didn't think anything of it until I heard "MMMM" "MMMM" "MMMM" This was a face of triumph!

Unfortunately her triumph was my demise... or at least my responsibility of vacuuming.

Onion Rings are a weakness of mine but I've never found a good recipe and have just had to settle for restaurants... Well today we made the most fantastic onion rings ever. I don't think I'll ever order them again.
3/4 C corn Starch (yeah I thought it was wierd too.)
1/4 C flour
1 t B.P.
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 C water
1 beaten egg
Enjoy!

Homemade granola. I don't like coconut in my granola. I find that it's lost all it's flavor and just stringy. So I got to make it just how I want it.
quick oats (2 1/2 C)
toasted wheat germ (1/2 C)
sunflower seeds (1/4 C)
sesame seeds (1/4 C)
almonds (as many as you want :)) I toasted these before adding to the grains
craisins (1/3 C)
these are approximations do whatever you like~
It was so yummy we've just been snaking on it a lot. (toast up the oats at 300 f for 20 min add the syrup and wheat germ, seeds and nuts (see below for syrup) and toast at 350 for 5-10 mins add fruit and then toast until golden (about 5 more minutes) cool completely.
(Syrup equal parts of butter brown sugar and honey cooked in sauce pan but not boiled together I used 1/2 C each for the sizes above)
3 comments:
You are awesome!! Love pickle soup! MMMM.
Pickle soup...crinkled Uncle Greg's nose...eewwwww!!! Lots of fun in your home!! Onions rings...YUM...
Sophie and the candy surprise...the face said it all!! They are getting so big and keeping you on your toes!! Can't wait to see all of you again!!
I will definately be tring these onion rings. I have never made any before and they look so good! Don't be suprised if I put them on my food blog (I will give you the credit of course!)
Post a Comment