Who knows? We've been quite sick here for a while. Fevers, coughing, runny, stuffy noses, throw up... you know the works. I told mom I'd get it checked out for Swine flu cuz it's still rampant. She told me it was a $400 test... so I said we'll just make sure we keep ourselves contained. I was relieved when Riley took a sick day not only did he not feel well but I needed the help! Being sick myself with two kids is hard enough but when you put a high temp and throw up in there interspersed with huge sob fests from feeling yucky from a little 3 year old... well I was really glad for the help that day just to hold Sophie so I could be Dr. Mom to Scott.
The next day Scott actually played toys and danced around! What a major difference. He hasn't slept through the night all week from being sick nor has Sophie... I keep remembering "these things too shall pass" One day I will probably forget what it is like not to spend all night with sick kids and feel bad that they aren't in the room right across the hall. Or as I've heard from empty nesters it might just be great... :) I think it'll be both.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man I am sorry to hear you have all been sick. I found out on Monday that I have the H1N1 flu and have been in bed all week. I hope you guys get to feeling better soon.
I'm so sorry that you have gotten sick. I hope that you are doing ok. What a hard thing it is when everyone gets sick at the same time or worse when mom gets sick. Hang in there! We love you and miss you lots. Hugs and kisses from Grandma Hoky
I hope you guys are feeling better soon! Having little ones sick while you are is awful.
No fun! Best wishes for your swift and complete recovery!
Post a Comment