Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thomas Stickers



After getting home last night we were all very tierd and Scott who, well hasn't been sleeping well at all, crashed for about 25 minutes on the way home but was still kinda weepy. We ate dinner tossed the kids in the tub and Scott kept asking for me to take his "sticker" off - his fake train tattoo. So After telling him it would rub off I helped rub a little off and he was very sad and cried as he himself kept rubbing it off.

In tears he asked for another Thomas sticker. So I made sure when I went to the store for groceries that night to find some Thomas stickers. It was a good thing I made the effort of searching because as soon as I walked through the door he was clinging to me asking for his stickers. How is it that they never forget?

I found a coloring book interspersed with 700 Thomas stickers! Way to go mom! He looked at them and was OK with the trade :). I kinda think I've been trying to compensate for being a mean mom and taking his binki away by spoiling him a little more...

This isn't the only time we've had sadnesses about erasing things. The other day he and I sat down with the white board and I drew him pictures and he started to erase my drawings. I said oh no it's gone. At one point I saw his chin quiver. I told him later as he erased my tree and flower and truck - that it made me sad, and he said that there were trees outside and "no be sad anymore!" But at one point when he erased my picture of Sophie he was sad again, but it wasn't until he erased my garbage trucks that he burst into tears. Needless to say I spent a long time redrawing many trucks - oddly enough he kept erasing them and crying in the process of wiping them out! Some times he is so sensitive! Once we talked about them being fake he was OK - and then I stuffed lunch down his face to help the mood swings!

No comments: