Tuesday, September 29, 2009

BREAK THROUGH!

As you've seen we've been binkiless and sleep deprived! But yesterday for nap time - which again didn't result in any sleeping but I worked on a winding down time and he actually stayed in his bed - not for long, but enough to feel a little refreshed (he also didn't ask for his binki!). Then for night time he started acting tired at 7:00 - there's no wonder there! So we got him ready and spent over 20 minutes winding down and reading books and singing songs and we even had an incentive of candy for the morning if he stayed in bed and was a big boy.

NO crying, NO asking for a binki and we didn't even hear a sound! I checked on him just to make sure 30 minutes later and he was OUT!!! YEA!

Although, at 12:26am he awoke and asked for water and asked for his nightlight and asked... you know the routine. I realized in my foggy state around 2:30 that he still doesn't know how to self soothe. So I tickled his face and sang "I love to see the temple" for the 3rd and 4th time that night. I felt his little body relax, but as I reached the door he was asking for more and I refused. He cried for maybe 5 minutes and was asleep again until 7:45. He awoke this morning like my little boy again even though he didn't get 3 hours of sleep in the middle of the night - he got more than he has in a week!

Oh and sophie slept from 7:45 to 5:20! They're making great progress! So needless to say my attitude is much better and my sleep was increased (which sure helps my attitude!)... not increased a lot, but we'll get there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

HURRAY....HURRAY...time to celebrate...QUIETLY...HURRAY and hugs to all!!!