Monday, August 10, 2009

Interior Design

I've been formulating designs for our new home. I've been thinking maybe I should have focused on interior design in college.... It's always been a love. We'll see if I'm any good in my own home first! :) So here are my ideas for "my" living room. (not the one that Riley will deem our "lived in" space)
I want to frame the bottom of the room with wall frames and paint the top part a very light dusty rose. By the way under the carpet in the house is hard wood floors! I've even thought of a decorative niche at the end of the hall way.
Dad Gave me a white sofa and chair and a pink chair too! (the picture is as close a likeness as I could find) I'm going to create a conversation area with the coffee table in the center and if we get around to fixing up the hardwood I'll find a rug large enough for these pieces to sit on. I know it sounds expensive but I'm not planning on doing all of this over night! One step at a time.
I've also bought an armoire to go against the wall with a floor plant to nestle into the side.

I'm not sure about the window treatment yet, but I want it to set off a crown molding and new white glossy molded doors... I know it's all very ritzy but I can dream can't I?

2 comments:

James, Megan, LaLayn and Taydan said...

Ohh its so fun to decorate a new house. It sounds pretty nice to me.

Laura said...

That is going to be so much fun to decorate!!! I am so excited for you!