Monday, August 10, 2009

Late night confusion

Mom called Sunday night and told us to come out and have dinner and say hi to Heather, Blaine and Grandma Anderson. So I packed up the kids and went out to say hi. Everyone left and Dad aka "Pop Pop" asked if we should do a fire.
It was very big!
We roasted marshmallows and had smores.
Scotty was tired.
Sophie watched the big lights too!

Just before it got dark I took a picture of Riley's new pride and joy - his "new" truck!
As I was headed home with the kids I approached the stop light and thought it takes forever to turn green for a left turn and so I was trying to decided it I should wait or just go straight.... Oops as I'm deciding to go straight I think I don't live out there any more and I need to turn right to get to Grandma Bowmans! As I was headed from Mom's it was late and I was on auto pilot. So as I'm correcting my mental blunder I signal right and turn, when Scott (who is directionally exceptional!) asked where going? I said we're going to Grandma Bowman's and he said "Go Scott's house." This is the first mention he's made of not going home, and he asked several times quite confused why mom made the "wrong" turn at the light. It was the first time I felt sad about not going "home" in a week. But I have some great ideas for our home in Denver....

2 comments:

Laura said...

doesn't that break your heart. Rosie still says things sometimes. Mostly about friends though.

Heather Bird said...

Oh the poor little guy it has got to be hard but I thought he would be asking for home sooner so I guess he is about average...it was good to see you guys so that we couldn't squeeze a hair cut in it is always so hard to do everything when we come home even more hard when it's a last second idea to go. I like the house decorating ideas.