Saturday, July 11, 2009

New House

We made an offer on a house! It's such a relief to have a place picked. House hunting is exhausting! It'll be even more of a relief once we close... It's not new and spectacular, but it will serve our purpose. It's only 10 minutes from Riley's work!It's FIVE bedrooms - that means I can have a room all to myself for crafts where I can shut the door and not worry about them getting destroyed!
This is the living room - I like to think of it as "my" domain to decorate nicely and as I please! That's because there is a family room downstairs that can be as Riley calls it "lived in."
The kitchen needs some updates - but what house doesn't have something that needs to be done?
Nice big back yard - I like to think of this as Scotty's domain :) a place where I don't have to pick up after him every couple of minutes of the day! The back door opens to the bathroom too - great for busy kids! I've already started making plans about a garden, raspberries, swing set and storage shed.
It even comes complete with a "club house"!

5 comments:

Laura said...

How fun. Look at you and your new adventure!!! That house is awesome!! I am so excited for you guys! Where is it at?

MaggieJo said...

that house is amazing! Hope everything works out.

Becky said...

Glad you found a place! When you end up signing your name like 100 times on all the papers you may start having buyers remorse.

Connie said...

So who needs the bathroom to be right by the back door when Scotty has discovered the great outdoors and trees to water?

Anonymous said...

SHELLEY!

How weird! Anthon and I got a house this summer, too! I totally thought I was alone. I hate house hunting. Good luck with everything. You blog is sweet!