Friday, January 27, 2012

Accident prone?

We must be accident prone at my house!

Poor little Sophie was running through the house when I heard a big scream and turned to see her rocking in pain and holding her foot  Her face was frozen in a scream with nothing coming out and her lips turning blue.  I ran over to a shocking sight of a nail-less toe!  How can running through the house turn out to something so dramatic?!  We both cried and finally got her settled down enough to take some Ibuprofen and put on a bandaid.   She showed me where she ran into the wall.  I'm not sure how it happened but I found a little toe nail on the floor bent in half down.  She's been crawling, hobbling or been carried for the last 3 days.  Poor little girl!  The above picture is after a bath and first band aid change so her toe is a little wrinkled, but still gruesome.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! Poor girl AND poor mama! I hate to see my little ones get hurt!

Laura said...

I have been waiting for an update, not the one I was looking for. gross. Glad she is okay though. I hate seeing their little faces when they are in pain. How was your trip? We should talk!

Lynsey said...

Ouch!! Who knew having fun could be so dangerous. I hope she is feeling better. We would love to see you guys and catch up.