Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Parsnips?!

Scott went to the grocery store with me and as we walked down the produce isle Scott jumped out and said "I have parsnips!"
We got home and he peeled it by himself and crunched on it the rest of the evening until it was gone.

I didn't realize that my son was different from other kids until Auntie Megan took him and Lalayn to a Pizza place and he ate all her salad and didn't touch his pizza.

I forget that not all kids run around the house, when mom gets home from the grocery store, for fresh peas, cabbage, green beans, celery, tomatoes, radishes, carrots, apples, cantaloupe... well you get the idea!

I guess my idea of "I'd rather spend $3 on a bag of veggies or fruit than $3 on a bag of candy" has made an impact. Although the $3 bag of veggies doesn't last half as long as a $3 bag of candy at our house!

2 comments:

Teryn said...

I don't think my son (or myself) even knows WHAT a parsnip IS!

Kinda looks like a vampire carrot- without the sparkles. LOL!

Carmen said...

LOL...now make this into a story book...that is wonderful...a child after my own heart....way to go Scott!!