Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Italian Sausage and Tortellini soup

Here is a fennel or anise bulb... Never used one of these before!
So I guess that's why the recipe excited me. A lady for Enrichment night made this soup and gave everyone the recipe. She said her daughter got it from Rachael Ray - But I searched her site with no such luck. But here's the recipe for you to try...

2t olive oil
1 lb sweet Italian sausage
1 onion
3 celery ribs and leaves chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1 small fennel or anise bulb cored and chopped
2 large pinches of pepper flakes
black pepper
1 qt diced tomatoes or 1 large can of tomatoes
2 qts chicken broth
3/4 C fresh basil chopped
1/2 C fresh parsley chopped

cook meat in a little olive oil. Add onions, celery, garlic, and fennel. Add pepper. Cook about 7 min. Add tomatoes cook 5 min. Add broth cook about 15 min. (I let mine simmer for an hour before I add tortellini, parsley and basil. Can add parmesan cheese on top of soup.


(it Says it'll serve 10 - But I think it'll serve an army! I had to use my biggest pan!)

I like new things!

Here's a picture Scott took while playing with Sophie as I was cooking up a storm in the kitchen. They are such good buddies!
Here's Sophie after her first brownie. She MMMMMMMMMMed all the way through... which wasn't long because she liked it a lot! What can I say she's all girl!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

A budding photographer...what a cute picture Scott took of his sister!!!

Looks like there will be no end to taste testers in your home!! Lucky you...!!