Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frech Bread? or Rocks?

French bread doesn't call for sugar - so raising takes a long time. I thought I'd speed up the process with a warm oven - which i've done but I've kept my eye on it so it won't get too hot. We
ate dinner and Riley asked for a hair cut so both boys got a cut and a shower and then I heard the oven click and remembered! Oh no! Instead of helping the yeast... I killed it. Once I cooked my 2 loaves felt like lead! :) Next time!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Well, you could always use them for doorstops!!!

Speaking from experience... LOL!!

Becky said...

Ok so I haven't checked your blog for A VERY Long time. Actually I haven't really had time to check anyone's blog, including my own. ;) Love everything: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Cream Puffs, black and yellow trucks, beautiful little Cabbage Patch Sophie. Love ya and miss you all. I totally want to try to make one of afghan patterns you have (the cat one). Maybe you can give me some help when you show up for the summer. :)

Devin and Andrea said...

Hey! I actually tried homemade french bread for the first time the same day you did. It was delicious!! The recipe is from a friend of mine's blog. http://beccaandenoch.blogspot.com/2009/08/yummy.html
Good luck!! :)