Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken All'Amatriciana


Another Rachael Ray Success! Riley made this for me before Sophie was born so on my list of dinners I decided to substitute shrimp for small cubes of chicken. I also added garlic and mushrooms. YUMMMMMMY although I have to say anything wrapped in bacon makes for a delicious plate!

In the middle of cooking I had to rescue my garlic press... Anyone for pressed crayons?! I did NOT add this to the dish :)

Ingredients

  • Salt
  • 1 pound short cut pasta, such as penne or farfalle
  • 24 large shrimp (6 per person), peeled and deveined
  • Ground black pepper
  • 24 thin slices pancetta
  • 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
  • 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
  • 2 pints cherry tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 5 to 6 leaves basil, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

No comments: