Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Zoo

Riley's cousin Ben and his wife Lynsey asked us to go to the zoo and use their pass. I was getting cabin fever from quarantining our family and now that we're better we were ready to get out!
Scott brought Thomas along for the ride. He didn't last long in the stroller and walked most of the zoo. I was tired from walking and didn't blame him when he fell asleep quickly in the car ride home!
This was the biggest lizard I've seen - named some sort of monster or such.
How far can you jump?!
The sea lions reminded me of my Oregon expedition - they swam around us when we were swimming in the Oregon coast.
Scotty called this a "Key - Pop!" I love how he gets things mixed up.
Lions Tigers and Bears - Oh MY!
Father and son checking out the other "ammows"


The three cousins. Scott, Bradley, and Joseph.

He loved the lions and their ROAR!
Sophie liked the zoo too! :)Scott asked for the Penguins the whole time and when we finally got there and saw them jump into the water I think he was a little disappointed. He had asked for the penguins and the music - I think he expected them to break into song and dance like in Mary Poppins!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

The wonders of seeing life (the zoo) through a little boy and his imagination!!
Sophie had the right idea...warm and cozy, fresh air and able to peek at animals if she wants...I love all her hair!! Glad everyone is feeling better!!

Lynsey said...

We had sooo much fun with you guys! I really enjoyed the pic of the sign that says don't climb and then the next one had all the boys on the guardrail, too funny. Can't wait to do it again when it is a little warmer outside.