Thursday, September 24, 2009

A trip to the Library

Here are some pictures of Sophie's room. And the star herself!
These cute flowers are from Auntie Megan. I also stole her idea of the bow holder. It's been great for keeping them organized.
I love this part of her room!
Sophie is such a crowd pleaser! Everywhere I go I get comments on how cute she is!
I sat her on my bed and tried to get her to sit up but she found her feet and kept grabbing at them! It was funny. See the small wet spot on her right pant leg... yes drool :)
When she got tired of squishing her tummy she decided to lounge out!
Here is a picture of Sophie's room. I hung her blessing dress as a part of her decorations and put her shelf next to her framed 3 white dresses poem from gamma.
I thought maybe sophie needed a little exercise to help her sleep better through the night. Scott did the exercising though as he tried to swing her in her "swing!" She did a little moving. He also thought she needed some toys and piled them inbehind her and hooked one to the jumper... What a funny little boy.
She looks so grown up in this little button up shirt!
Today was a headache. Both kids didn't sleep well last night and I decided to go to the library for a change of scene and story time. Scott of course picked out this BIG truck book. Here he is ready for a nap... that never ended up happening... Yes mom is ready to pull out hair!
Here's a picture of our bed room. Nothing spectacular. It's inbetween the kids rooms. I had a reason for this, although after the night we had last night I forget why. :) Tonight will be better... I hope although I really doubt it - we've 86ed the binki for Scott - I'll keep you updated. Together we will conquer!

We also had the missionaries over tonight for dinner. We had tacos (traditional and american), breaded squash (with club crackers - thanks grandma B!) and then apple pie for desert. They didn't quite mesh together but it was all pretty good considering in the middle of preparing my sleepy little boy spilled milk all over and tracked mud into the house just before they showed up.

Then I realized they are 19 and 20 yr old boys... they didn't even notice! I forgot how young missionaries are. That means I don't have very long left with that little rug rat until he leaves me. I better relish every moment - Today I needed that realization.

After much coaxing and exhaustion (to all parites involved!) he went to sleep with out his binki!

By the way Grandma the squash was a big hit!

3 comments:

Teryn said...

What a day! Breaded squash sounds fantastic though- please share the recipe. As for freecycle. I'm set up to get emails whenever someone posts an offer. Then if I see something I like, I reply back to them and hope they pick me.

Florence Bowman said...

I love looking at your blog. The kids a so beautiful. I guess I won't have to search for Scotty's binki. I would imagine he is having quite a withdrawal, and so are the parents. I'll try to send this. I didn't know I was to use the same user name and password as for Mason. Here goes

Florence Bowman said...

Hi Bowman Family,
I love to look at your blog. The day with Thomas must have been a great day. I'm glad Ralph got to share it with Scotty. He looks so cute in his glasses. He looks like a regular scholar. The only advise I can give you, and it breaks your heart, is not to be afraid to let them cry. We had to do that with John when we went to Indiana. Since we were in the same room with him it wasn't fun. It took about three nights for him to sleep through. Otherwise, I was up every night playing with him for two hours. Love, Grandma B