Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Staying at "Gamma's"

Since we are officially homeless Riley's Grandma has offered to let us - including the rowdy one (Scott) - stay at her house. Riley is staying at an extended stay hotel for a month while we wait for the deal on our house to close. Or we would have gone with him. Now that I have regular access to a computer and a husband who is going through Sophie withdrawals I'll be updating the blog almost on a daily basis.
Grandma is so open with her cooking. She is always trying out new recipes! This one is fantastic... have any Zucchini you need to use up?

4 small zucchini (3 C) 1 C shredded cheese
2 C club cracker crumbs 1/2 t Salt 1/2 t Pepper
2 Tb butter 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese (for the top)
3 eggs 1/2 t thyme (I also added a little seasoned salt)
1 small onion 1/3 C mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 350. Press the cracker crumbs into the bottom of the pan and dot with butter ( I cooked the crust a little to keep it from getting soggy) then cook the zucchini in water for about 5 minutes until tender and drain. Then put them on the crust. Beat the eggs and add the rest of the ingredients and dump this over the zucchini. Top in cheese and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden on top. YUMMY!

Scott was playing the piano... he does sit occasionally... but not for long.

Sophie must have known daddy left. She has him wrapped around her little finger!!!! PS I still love the piggy tails! Her hair is getting longer and more of it fits.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

VACATION not HOMELESS...VACATION...

Enjoy and I look forward to each update!!

Laura said...

Her cry looks so sad!! I think she would be wrapped around my finger too!!!

Becky said...

That Zuchinni dish looks very tasty. I don't think I will fix it though, unless I want to poison my husband. I'm sure Riley will miss his kidos. It is always hard to have your family seperated from each other, even for only a couple of weeks.

Heather Bird said...

Thanks for the meal idea I am starting to get zuchinni and I need to use it up! Love the pics!

Mandy Bird said...

That looks yummy! You should try this one too-http://mandysrecipebox.blogspot.com/2009/08/zucchini-casserole.html just copy and paste it to the address bar. It is my most favorite! Oh and I need to read book 7 again because I just can't remember about the Horcruxes now!