I know it's only a trailer, but it was my house! Thursday Dad offered to drive our stuff over to Denver saving us from renting a Uhaul. So we spent Thursday to Monday packing up everything but the few things. So the last week we've been working like mad!
Just when I thought things would slow down...Dad and Riley drove Monday to Denver and back again on Tuesday! Then we painted and cleaned and Riley finished the plans he had promised a man in exchange for his sweet truck.... well it still runs anyway so I guess you can call it a truck! :) I'll get a picture to show later. Riley sure likes it, he's been asking me for almost 2 years if he could get a beater for hauling things! The man wanted to trade, so the made the deal on the next Thursday the 30th which was also our anniversary! So Riley brought the beast back and took me on a date for Chinese food. Then we went to a drive in.
Ironically enough our last night in our home was exactly 4 years later to the day of our first night in our house! It wasn't a good idea to watch the last episode of Friends just a couple of days before we left. I was feeling sentimental already then as we finished up the last of the cleaning I stood in the doorway sobbing! This was our first home. I brought 2 kids home to our little trailer and it was filled with a lot of memories!
5 comments:
I don't know why but this made me cry. Maybe it is the hormones. Everything is so final. You are moving to Denver, and we are headed to Texas. We are going to miss you guys sooooo much!!
Good luck in Denver. I know the feeling of making a HUGE move, it can be frightening. I'm sure you will grow from the experience and make your new house your home.
p.s. your kids are really cute! Love the blog posts!
I know what you mean. I will always love our broken down little trailer. But you will quickly fall in love with you house!
Oh I know all two well the sorrows of moving. I have cried each time we moved from each of our two trailers and our house in Iowa. I know I will again sob as we move from this house in a few years. Each house becomes a home, and is full of sweet memories. You will have a hard time leaving Rexburg too, because you are leaving behind so much family. However, you will LOVE the new experiences ahead of you.
You should not post these things for a very emotional pregant woman to read...but even if I was not pregant and emotional I would still cry.
Post a Comment