Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do babies get inside the tummy?

Scott has recently been obsessed with the routine of getting bigger. He tells me how he used to be a baby but then he ate food and grew up bigger. He continues to tell me about where the food goes after you eat...

This has led him to tell me "mommy eat Sophie and she gets in her tummy then she goes to the doctor and she comes out."

I decided to sqwelch the idea of cannibalism and tell him that Sophie grew in my tummy I did not eat her!

This also led to Scott thinking that the only reason to go to the doctor was to get a baby out. So in his recent prayers about Grandma Hoky going to the doctor he has asked that "the baby gets out of her tummy" and "she get soon well"

Yesterday I was posed with another question as I was changing Sophie's diaper.... You already know what question that was hu?! Well needless to say we again told him that girls don't have the same equipment.

Around Christmas Scott was plugging in the lights and came running to tell me that the outlet tickled his fingers!


He came running in to tell me that "Sophie sit alone" She has just figured how to push herself up into the sitting position and he was very excited to tell me.

Yesterday he went running to get mommy's glasses and I told him that I had my contacts in and didn't need my glasses. He then asked to have his "tontacts in mine eyes." I asked a bunch of times if he really wanted his contacts. Finally I plunked them in and he was very excited to be just like mommy and Daddy!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Never a dull moment!! For a second I thought you were going to tell Scott that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy...???!?!??!

Birds and Bees...nope little girls do not have extra plumbing!!
The fun is just beginning...hehehe!

MAH said...

Kids are a hoot. Isaac was changing Anya's diaper one day when Zachary came up behind him and stated plainly "Nana broken Dad." Then walked off.

Aww... I love kids.

Laura said...

I saw the picture and almost peed my pants! I thought you were going to say you were pregnant. It reminds me of Rosie. She was talking about how Johnathan came out. Then she looked at me funny and asked how he got in there!! Love the baby booties!! I remember those oreos. Yummy. They both are adorable. i keep thinking Johnathan is big, then I see pics of Sophie!!