Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Martin Luther King Day

We got a day off together as a family. Here just before bed Scott with only a little guidance he did this floor puzzle! Puzzles are a new favorite here.

We made a tent in Scott's room to shelter from the "rain" we roasted sponge letters over a fire with long crayons and pens. We even sat on the "grass" when the "sun" came out!
New Recipe for today was Riley's request for lemon meringue.
I don't think I'll ever attempt it again.

Scott was running around the house yelling and then standing under my feet and spreading joy and toys all over. Sophie was hollering and needing a nap since 1:30. Being 6:00 at night she was beyond tired.



Then Riley was looking over my shoulder every couple of minutes which was proceeded with an "OH NO!" from the cook's mouth -this indicated a mistake or a frequent lapse of memory from the recipe. In the middle of the chaos I misread TBS for TSP and ended up with a huge goopy clump. I threw it out and started over....

The egg yolks, even though I took preventative measures, curdled a bit, and the meringue was saltless....

Needless to say I believe I'll buy a meringue next time it's been requested from the peanut gallery!

It still tasted OK in the end :)

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Ahhh...the memories you made far outweigh the "oops"...even if you are the only one that remembers!!

I love the campout, a fun day was had by all!!

Lynsey said...

What a fun day together! I love the tent, you are such a creative mommy.

Laura said...

Your day sounds wonderful. Don't you love their imaginations!!! I just love pretend!!