Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Projects

I Mod Podged scrapbook paper onto these wooden letters to go on a shelf in Scott's room. Notice the airplane cut out on the "O" and the train on top of the first "T"
I spray painted this shelf white and cut out a lot of little flowers to paste onto the letterS. I think it's quite cute!
I found some chests at Porters that were on sale. I found a tag saying $49.99... The lady said it should be $30 on sale but when I got to the check out they were 17.99! I bought 2 for the kids toy boxes. I found a font I liked on the computer made their names BIG printed them and cut them out. Then I taped it to the top and traced it with a pencil. Then I used a wood burner and traced their names. It didn't look quite complete....
So I burned a little of the inside the letters. I liked it better.
A little stain finished it up!
Here's the smile of the hour. It's so weird to think she's eating solid foods and rolling over already!
I didn't pack Sophie's bassinet with us to Mom's house so we put Sophie in the little doll crib!
We went to the Veteran's Memorial Dedication last week. Here's my Grandpa and his two brothers.

4 comments:

MAH said...

Love the Toy boxes. That is a great price you got them for!

MaggieJo said...

you are truly amazing. I can't keep up with laundry and dishes. her hair is soo cute and I can't believe she is so big already! and scott is 3! although it does seem like forever ago I was peeking out the window to see if your car was still there.

Becky said...

The toy boxes look GREAT! I also love the scrapbooked names. I cannot believe that you put Sophie in that little doll crib. Has she slept in it the whole time you've been there?

Heather Bird said...

Well you little homemaker!! I don't have half of your talent. I loe the toy boxes, that was cute to burn their names in them. How do you come up with it?