Sunday, September 20, 2009

DENVER!

Here is a small tour of our house and some pictures of the kids since we got here.
This is my craft room. It's in the basement. Mom and Dad stopped by for a night on their way home from Indiana. So as you see there is room for anyone who is willing to come to Denver - Hotel Bowman is open to ALL! This is not an empty offer. It would be great to see anyone come visit!
This is the living room (my room) and this picture is taken from the front door - so this is what you see as you enter the house.

This is the kitchen I've drapped fake grapes left over from our wedding reception all over the tops of the cuboards.

This is Scotty at one of the many parks here. He's been doing so good with his new glasses.
This was a leaf bug on the outside of our front window.
Sophie likes the bean bag chair as much as Scott here the kids are watching Thomas the Tank Engine and Sophie fell asleep with her brother the one person who can consistently make her laugh without any effort! He simply bounces around the room as his normal busy self and Sophie watches his every move and laughs at him all the time. They make the perfect pair as Scott loves to show off and Sophie makes the perfect audience - with perfect undivided attention. I think being immobile sure helps.
Here is Scott in his new glasses. We ordered them before we left but they didn't come until we got here. Scott put them on and played a little I turned and said put those back on or I'll put your contacts in. He promptly said, "I can't wike Tontacts!" So he's been very consistent with his glasses because I have great leverage! I also saw that he can see a difference - he was checking things out like he did when he first got contacts in. But this way we aren't getting an infection in his eye every other week from dirt and such. I've been really pleased with his transistion into them he even will put them on frequently first thing in the morning without any prompting. This tells me that he really does see a difference.

I'll just keep going on to give you all the Scotty updates. Potty training has been going so much better having a consistency and a mommy at home. Unfortunately I've gone back to what first told me that he was ready to start.... being naked. I've put as many clothes on the little boy as I can but leaving him "comando" - No bottoms and he's taken himself to the potty all day long without any mommy interference. Although before and after nap and bed time I do insist that he take a seat. Other than that he does it all on his own now! So we are now moving into pants again and he's had a couple of accidents once he's in underware so I just put pants on and he takes care of it himself. I guess underware for now feels too much like a diaper. To say the least he's made leaps and bounds of improvements!

Scott doesn't really have a clue that we've moved hundreds of miles away. For all he knows we've only moved down the street to the "New House!" So transistion to him hasn't been hard at all. He spends most of his days in the back yard in the gravel under the play house. Which he found the first day and called out to Riley "daddy I up here!" There are dogs on all sides of us but straight behind. They're getting used to Scott and he to them.
Here is the ever beautiful Sophie. She is getting so big! I've started putting her in 6-9 month clothing ( she still fits in some 3-6) She's been rolling over for about 1 -1 1/2 months now. She started eating cereal a while ago and had her first taste of squash and greenbeans this week and surprised us all by eating the entire little bottle! I thought we'd just get a couple of spoonfuls down and when she asked for more I was speechless!
She is the only infant in our ward and gets googled at a lot! Although that isn't just as church. I took the kids to Walmart and I got the same response! So they are really cute kids or the people here in Denver are really friendly and kind - I think it's both. We've really liked it here! I was nervous at first but really gotten quite fond of our new home.

Our ward is really great. I keep thinking how hard it would be to move and not be a member of the church. We've been taken in and made at home and put to work! It's been great. The relief society has really made me feel at home and we've been involved with a lot so far!

Riley is called to choir accompanist and they made sure to tell me that I was to go to choir. We are going to feed the missionaries on Thursday and have lots of activities coming up, including speaking in church next week on the 4th article of faith.

There is a Lady who has just taken me under her wing and gotten me involved with all the other at home moms to go to the parks and the libraries and setting up a preschool which starts tomorrow. We take 2 hours of the day Mondays and Wednesdays and take turns teaching. It's a really big group of about 11 kids so we'll team teach. We're combining with kids from the stake. Scott is really excited.

This next weekend I found out that the railroad is hosting "A day with Thomas the Tank Engine" this month. So we bought tickets and will go see a life sized Thomas and get a 20 minute train ride and meet sir Toppham Hatt! He's really excited about this too... probably as much as I am :)

Now that we have the internet set up. Expect full updates again

PS as a note to all you who check out the blog.... I don't know if you are if you don't make any comments! So please leave a note every once in a while it helps me know who checks us out and if you have a blog address I don't know please leave that too!

6 comments:

MaggieJo said...

I'm glad you are enjoying Denver. If I had the time and money and energy I would leave right now to come stay with you. I love you, but I also love Colorado!

Unknown said...

What fun! Best of luck for your new home and life transition!

Carmen said...

How wonderful to see pictures of Scott...so handsome in his new glasses....and so much easier for Mom (and Dad)....Sophie is beautiful...those blue eyes....my oh my!!!

Your new home is lovely, warm and you can feel the spirit and love even in the photos!!! Now how about a photo of Riley carrying you over the NEW threshold!!!

Romance should never fade away!!! Love and hugs to everyone!!

Connie said...

Wow, those kids are soooo cute. And a word about the beautiful quilt on the bed in the guest room- wow that is a gorgeous quilt- probably a priceless heirloom! ha ha. Thanks again for the overnighter and the good food. It is good to have you back on line and keeping us all posted. Love you all.

MegEddins said...

Wow! Good luck in Denver. I love your house!

Becky said...

Thanks for the photo update. Glad you have most of the house set up. I want to see your bedroom and the kiddos rooms when you get a chance to post more.

Scott looks darling in his glasses.

I cannot believe that Sophie is eatting her veggis. Way to go.

Love ya!