Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rexburg Adventures!

My dad found this little bike at a Garage sale and we found these training wheels at the DI. Scotty's figuring it out! How cute is that?!
Scotty has a hard time in the sun when he has his contacts in. So I usually stuff my sunglasses on him. I packed mine and the other day he was very uncomfortable. So I bought him some his own size. The funny thing is, he leaves them on when it's bright... it must really bother him if he'll leave it on his face.

Mom and I took the kids to the Farmers Market. Accross the street a family was having a tour of the fire department. Scott was bouncing out of his skin to see the fire trucks! They allowed the kids to check out the Engines and the Ambulances.
I've been watching TLC's Cake Boss. So I had a fantastic idea for Scott's birthday cake. Here is the support and structure for the back hoe and dump truck! I'm so excited to see how it turns out.
We went to the fair and let Scott ride some rides.


He was such a big boy to hand his tickets to the man and climb on himself. It was a good thing we've been doing the merry - go - round this summer so he wasn't scared to do this all by himself.



The car ride was his favorite!


We also saw all the animals.


Scott was so excited to see the Cockadoodle doo's but told us they were too loud when we got closer!


Scott and LaLayn played in the water at "Gamma Hoky's" house


My sister is a cosmetologist, but lives in the middle of nowhere. So when she's not around I get frustrated and start wacking away at my own hair. I don't think I did such a bad job... :)


Here's my big boy on the carousel with his new sunglasses all by himself.


Here is another wiggly friend found in the dirt! This is a cabbage caterpillar.


The Fireman turned the lights on for us...


and let Scott hop into the seat!


Is this a face of pure joy or what?!


We went to the "grand stands" of Rexburg to watch Grandma Bowman's- sister's (Carol) husband Don who is somewhere in his 70's ride his horse in the "rodeo" with his two sons!


We watched the "cowboys" on their horses... but Scott needed a closer view that was more busy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

It was so great talking to you. I have really missed our conversations. It looks like you are having fun during this waiting period. We love you guys!