Monday, August 10, 2009

My new Ride

For our anniversary Riley gave me a new bike. Mine was pretty hashed so I was very excited. We are at Grandma Bowman's house so I've hooked up a bike trailer and have hauled kids all over instead of packing them around in a car. It's been great. Below are some of our adventures...
We went to the public library's story time. Scotty wasn't interested at first but then sat still and listened to the pirate stories. Then they had a "plank" set up for the kids to jump off... Scott went back and did it over and over. Notice the "sea" - it's a shower curtain of sea life. After the this they got a snack of crackers and a pass to the Carousel. So our next stop was the park...

The first of the summer I took Scott to ride the merry-go-round and he spent the ride clinging to me. This day I asked if he wanted to go alone. He marched to the gate girl and shoved his pass into her hand and then climbed on the fence watching the ride end. Then he walked on and tried to climb up like the big boys next to him... I was watching and taking pictures. The girl walked over and picked him up. Then I stood thinking he's going to freak out at any moment when he realizes I'm not there. But that never happened. He watched the boys next to him and found the "musics" and then when it ended I helped him off and he told me all about the "chitty Bame Bame musics" - that's how I got him to stop screaming about the loud music months before - I told him it was Chitty Bang Bang music - one of his favorites!

Sophie was grinning at the music and the lights of the Carousel! I think she looks like a cabbage patch doll! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love it. Levi knew about it, but would not tell me. Something about me ruining the surprise!!! Story time at the library has become one of our favorite times here. Though we are not as healthy as you, we drive!!!

Carmen said...

We have decided hands down...Sophie does indeed look like a cabbage patch doll in this photo!!