Monday, May 4, 2009

PAINT


Scotty wanted to paint today...

Let me start at the beginning. Today was Riley's first day home with two kids as I went back to work for a couple of hours. When I got home Riley showed me Scotty's independent attempt at painting by himself.

I think he did a good job to keep the paint contained to a washable surface and even on a paper that he pulled out! (as opposed to his attempts on Sunday morning which resulted in green acrylic paint all over his carpet and toys!)



Later I helped Scotty at the table with doing some more painting and we left the papers out to dry. I heard him screaming about the wind blowing his papers so I tossed a shoe of his on one to hold it down. I walked out later and he had piled six shoes all over one of his masterpieces.

This was awfully cute until I started downloading these pictures and turned to show Scotty - and realized he had stepped into one of his masterpieces and then tromped around on my living room!!!

Why is it that every other day I find myself on the floor scrubbing carpet!

Why didn't I buy stock in carpet cleaner????!!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love it Shelley!!!I miss you guys!At least you know Scott wont get bored!!

Just Only Me said...

Congrats on your little Sleeping Beauty! I LOVE her little name, I'm dying to meet her in person! I'm glad things went well (and fast) and everyone is happy and healthy. Miss and love ya!

Becky said...

Solution. . . wood floors!

Heather Bird said...

I am proud to be the Auntie of that fun loving red headed boy and proud to be the Auntie of the new little angel!